Applying for Jobs
What type of jobs do we hire for?
Many people work both in-store and behind the scenes to make 401 Games the best hobby store in Canada
We regularly hire in these areas:
- TCG Expert (Magic the Gathering, YuGiOh, Pokemon, etc...)
- Shipping and Receiving
- Event Organizer
…and the list goes on! We hire for both Part Time and Full Time positions
For general questions, please send us an email.
Resumes may also be submitted in person at either our Toronto or Vaughan location.
Think you'd be a good fit? Applicants should:
- Be well versed in Sports Cards
- Stay up to date with upcoming Sports Cards news and releases
- Have excellent customer service skills
We are looking for an efficient, courteous Cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The Cashier will scan the customer's selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
To succeed as a Cashier, you should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Customer service or Cashier experience an asset.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
- Receive merchandise and confirm quantities received match packing slips
- Restocking and Tidying of Retail Displays
- Expected to come to work on time
- Cleaning and Organizing of Warehouse & Retail Storefront
Qualification and Skills
- Able to verify shipments accurately
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Takes initiative to problem solve and manage their time
- Must be comfortable performing physically demanding tasks like lifting boxes and climbing ladders with repetition
- Previous retail or warehouse experience an asset
- Knowledge of Board Games (Old, New and Upcoming) an asset